Basic Boat Info
Engines / Speed
- Make: Volvo
- Model: Penta
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Engine Power: 320hp
- Type: Inboard-outboard
- Propeller Type: 3 Blade, Duoprop
- Drive Type: Stern
- Year: 2005
83 Windward Lane
Bristol, Rhode Island, US, 02809
Hunt Deep-V hull design with a broad flaired bow and a 58 degree dead rise at the bow and a 22.5 degree dead rise at the transom waterline that tends to a soft, dry ride with exceptional directional stability. The Hunt Surfhunter is constructed with a solid biaxial E-glass bottom below the waterline & a non-water absorbing closed cell foam core above topsides, and on deck. There are four full length longitudinal glased over foam cored stringers inside the hull for hull re-enforcement, with additional transverse stringers. Port and starboard below the waterline are lifting strakes that give the hull lift, and directional stability. The hull, trunk cabin and deck (with molded-in non-skid) are all finished in gel coat.
The Surfhunter has a cuddy cabin with sitting headroom and V-berth. The large center opening hatch and two portlights, (all with screens) provide ambient light and ventilation. Shelves outboard and two counter tops. The port side cabinet abaft the berth has a storage locker and two draws and to starboard the. side locker has a stainless sink w/ith cold pressure water and a storage cabinet below. There's a manual head with Y-valve and holding tank beneath the center berth filler cushion. The interior teak trim has gloss varnish finish throughout. A natural unvarnished finish is standard.
- Cold pressure water system for interior sink & cockpit shower.
- Helmdeck seating: Varnished teak ladder back pilots and co pilots chairs
- Cockpit seating: front and aft facing engine box seat (that seats four) and a full width aft stern seat (comfortably seats four).
- Interior cushions: Wide srtripes of sapphire Blue and white wide, Sunbrella fabric.
- Exterior cushions: Buff (tan) hand stitched channel vinyl w/ navy piping.
- Navy Blue gelcoat hull.
- White boot stripe.
- Green bottom paint
- White deck and superstructure with cream non-skid molded in deck
- Removable transom seat with tan colored Stamoid cover
- Engine box base cushion removable with upholstered seat back.
- Full teak swim platform (natural finish) with underside port side stainless steel retractable swim ladder.
- All exterior covers are tan colored Stamoid
- A full bimini top with front, side and rear drop curtain enclosure which are all tan colored Stamoid. Reinforced stainless bimini frame with deck light, all around light, and stainless steel. handholds
- Cockpit shower at transom (cold pressure water)
- Varnished teak ladder back helm & companion chairs
- Stainless steel hand rails on port & starboard sides of coachroof top
- Varnished teak steering wheel.
- Stainless steel bow anchor roller.
- Natural teak coach roof eyebrow
- Inboard 320 HP Volvo Penta. 5.7 litre V 8 with 493 hours. The engine has been professionally maintained ,with full mechanical and electrical decommissioning and commissioning each fall and spring, battery removal/indoor storage/reinstall, outdrive removal/service/reinstall. In 2023 replaced exhaust manifolds and risers.
- Jack shafted / composite stern drive.
- The original composite outdrive was replaced with the superior Volvo Ocean X drive in 2015. The Ocean X has sensors at the gimbals to detect any water intrusion and sensor in transmission to sense any moisture in gear oil. The corrosion protection in these newer drive units is substantial.
- Also replaced in 2023: idle air control, engine thermostat and water pump impeller
- 3 blade duoprop.
- Sidepower 12 volt electric bow thruster w/ helm jog stick control
- Thru-hull w/ inline raw water strainer for engine cooling water intake.
- Garmin 3006 colour GPS multi-function chartplotter/depth.
- Standard Horizon VHF Quest radio
- Ritchie compass at helm
- Clarion CMD4A marine CD and Sirius ready radio with speakers.
- Navigation lights
- Two 12 volt batteries in aft starboard locker
- Interior overhead light.
- Engine box blower fan.
- 12 volt outlet at helm.
- 12 volt outlet port side below deck
- Mid-ships auto bilge pump
- Aft bilge pump
- Two windshield wipers.
- Cold pressure water cockpit shower.
- Cold pressure water at sink in below cabin
- Two 12 volt reading lights, one on each side of V-berth.
- Delta 14 lb. anchor, 15'X1/2" galvinised chain leader 200' 1/2"nylon rode.
- Stamoid tan colored cover/ sock for bimini top when folded back
- Four Dock lines.
- Four Fenders.
- First aid kit.
- Eight adult life jackets
- Hand held canister air horn
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Please call Howard Taylor at 860 884 9924 to schedule a viewing. Thank you
Rudders and Moorings LLC, Varykino, Stonington Connecticut Office: